Sunday, November 22, 2009

2274/08/03 - I Hate School Sometimes...

I couldn't get to sleep last night, because of the stupid G.O.A.T. test tomorrow. I've been dreading it since my birthday - which was a very subdued event this year. I think everyone was dreading when I turned sixteen because they knew the test was coming soon after. Even Amata was quiet during the party.

Anyway, because I couldn't sleep, I started trying to organize my Pip-Boy. I came across the old diary I started when I was ten.. it feels like I was recording it just days ago. I kind of miss it; being able to record my thoughts. Amata is an amazing friend, but it's hard to spend time with her without her father shooting me untrusting looks. I don't know what I did to piss him off, but it must have been a doozy.

Butch and his "Tunnel Snakes" were being jerks to Amata, again. Right outside the classroom, too. I was ready to pop Wally in the jaw when he offered to take her into the storage room and "show her a real tunnel snake." The only reason I didn't was because I knew dad would be royally pissed at me for getting into a fight again. It's still kind of funny seeing Butch worry about getting kicked in the goodies again every time he sees me, though.

I tried talking to dad about mom, again. Sometimes he sounds like he loves talking about her, but I know the memories hurt to bring up again. Maybe it's better if he doesn't have to remember her. He keeps telling me I look just like her, though. I've been trying to keep out of his hair, especially around my birthday. He's been spending more time than ever down in the lab with Jonas, though, so at least his mind is occupied.

After the test - which I tried to play sick to get out of, by the way: it's hard to play sick when your dad's the Vault doctor - I kept my ass in my seat so I could listen to Mr. Brotch telling the others what their G.O.A.T. said they were best qualified for. Christine was all sorts of upset when she heard she was best suited for a job in maintenance. Amata is supposed to go into a supervisor position (which I don't doubt her father had pushed for). I think Wally cheated, somehow; he turned in his test and didn't wait for the results, saying that he knew which job he was going to get. All the color drained from Butch's face when Mr. Brotch told him he was going to be a hairdresser, it was hilarious.

When I turned mine in, Mr. Brotch told me it looked like I was best suited for security. I have a feeling that anyone who shows as much interest in guns as I do ends up in security. I'm not sure I like the idea, though. Something about the security force makes me nervous.

I hope Freddy is going to be alright. He was still all hunched over his desk with a worried expression on his face when I left the classroom.

1 comment:

  1. Stuff To Do:
    Try to find a way out of getting stuck as Vault Security.
    Stay out of dad's hair.
    Shoot some more BBs in Reactor Storage.
    Tease Butch about being a hairdresser.

    ReplyDelete